Music Together® Online for Mixed-ages
The classic Music Together family class is a class for mixed-ages from birth up through age 5 (includes older sibs in 'leadership role"). We give children a chance to learn from each other and a chance to share their techniques as well. Mixed-age classes give every child a chance to participate at a level that’s comfortable for them without performance pressures. Families love our mixed-age classes because siblings can play together in the same class while also socializing, watching and learning form children their own age. The Music Together curriculum is designed to meet the needs of a broad range of ages and abilities, from infancy through kindergarten making the mixed-age classes a true family music experience.
tuneBugz! includes the following with our Music Together Online program:
Babies Only Music Class (0-8mo)
Unlimited classes online - choose your price/choose your adventure - (zoom classes are 30 min duration)
Curated music! Each semester a new collection of songs to download
Colorful children’s songbook (commemorative print edition and CD distributed by mail or pick up at location)
Sheet music for all the songs in collection (easy to learn guitar and ukulele chord guides for parents and older sibs)
Recorded videos of teacher song presentations so you can replay them at any time
Hello Everybody app for music on the go (with activities & videos)
Family Music Zone from Music Together Worldwide (song specific activities, videos and music education support for homeschooling)
Ability to invite Grandparents and family members to join your child in music class for a visit - they love singing along!
Fun Extras: Facebook livestreams at lullaby time, Zoom dance parties, personalized musical birthday messages on your child’s birthday, and guest teachers and musicians from around the world joining us in our Zoom classes!
Discounts on Add-on classes, Art, Outdoor Classes, Studios classes and private birthday concerts!
TuneBugz! offers two options for babies:
- Babies 8 months and under are eligible to first take our Babies Only music and development class as a one-semester introduction to Music Together before they move into the mixed-age classes. The music, activities and materials in Babies Only are specifically geared toward infant and baby development and are gearing your family up to join the mixed-age class with a deep and full grasp of the Music Together curriculum and how it applies to your baby's development. This intro to Music Together for babies gives parents a clear understanding of how musical development unfolds in the very young and results in lots of smiles, coos and stimulation for babies - not to mention new friendships for Mom & Dad too!
- The babies in this class range in age - but are ideally 8 months and younger.
Babies Class Video
Rhythm Kids is segmented into two programs, one for Pre-k aged children ages 4–5 - RK Level 1 and the other for children in Kindergarten, first, and second grades - RK Level 2
Both are designed to help children integrate and assimilate rhythm, and include:
Learning multicultural drumming patterns in unique animal-themed groupings
Developing new repertoire on various percussion instruments
Exploring movement and dance while singing songs
Playing games based on music and drumming
Our Instruments - Although we typically use djembe drums in our classes, Rhythm Kids is way more than just a drumming class as our main focus is to develop rhythm using the voice, the body and then translating this honed musicality to the djembe (or other drum). Classes include singing, movement, rhythm activities, games, improvisation, and drumming patterns. Children learn and experience the drum patterns in chant form first and then transfer that learning into drumming and movement and culturally specific dances.
The Music & Curriculum - Rhythm Kids is a three-year curriculum and the rhythm patterns taught in our classes are adapted from cultures all around the world including; Ghana, Puerto Rico, Morocco, Mali, Guinea, Columbia, Senegal, Nigeria and many others. Singing along to the music is easy as it is pitched just right for children's voices. The music arrangements are fun, sophisticated, and both children and grownups enjoy listening and practicing at home. The benefits of music in a child's life are long lasting and we hope our classes will bring music and happiness to your child, to your family and to your community for many, many years!
This class is offered both online in zoom and outdoors at select locations.
Song Inspired Art
If you love arts and crafts and desire a deeper cross-discipline connection to compliment your music class, we have a great art experience for you! This class is a guided parent/child, project based Zoom class using music as a conduit for deeper learning.
This class meets once a week for 30 mins and is appropriate for ages 18 months to 5 years however, class can be adapted for younger and older children with help from the instructor.
Sara Nuttle holds a Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts and has been teaching art, music & movement and pre-school in Austin, Tx for 5 years.
Music Together Outside for Mixed-ages
Our classic mixed-age family Music Together class for parents/children ages birth to 5 - OUTSIDE! This class meets outside once a week. Strict social distancing is required. To aid in accomplishing safe and lowered risk during our outdoor music classes - tuneBugz! will:
- mark proper distancing for parents to know where to place their family's blanket
- provide hand sanitizer
- provide reminders about how to safely make music from a distance
- provide sanitized instrument sets to each family (in a locking bin)
- provide access to indoor restroom, water fountain, changing table
- require masks for children 10 and up & adults
- require parents to act on their own risk assessment before signing up for outdoor class
- limit number of families to allow for safe and proper distancing
- require health statement, temp check and waiver from each family, each class
tuneBugz! Online - Music Together & More
The following online classes will be available with flexible pricing and scheduling options.
Music Together Online (newborns up to 5yrs) Family Style Class - 30 min group music class for parent/child
Music Together Online for Babies Only (newborn to 8 months) - 30 min group music class for parent/child
Song Inspired Art Class Online (18 months to 8rs) - 30 min group mixed-medium art class for parent/child
Rhythm Kids Online (4 to 8) - music class for parent/child (ages 4/5) and bigs on their own (ages 5 to 8)
Tuition is based on class frequency. Make-ups must be scheduled within the week only, no carry overs, no refunds or credits are available at this time.